If you are looking for a flexible tool providing with an opportunity to send out really fast messaging in large numbers, perhaps you should opt for SMPP protocol. Versatile and cross-functional, this protocol is designed to meet various needs of various companies.
Core and benefits of SMPP
SMPP, or Short Message Peer-to-Peer, is a standard protocol for the transfer of SMS data. However, its name does not reflect its mode of operation – on the contrary, the SMPP protocol uses the client-server model of operation. It has been successfully tested for providers all over the world and now it can be proud of becoming a pillar of full-featured SMS functionality which:
• Supports plain texts, Unicode, binary messages, extended length SMS, service messages and flash messaging;
• Suitable for non-GSM SMS protocols;
• Allows Sender ID to be set up;
• Enables delivery receipts;
• Establishes synchronous or asynchronous message exchange;
• Provides two-way messaging.
SMPP Gateway for bulk messaging
By switching to our SMPP SMS service, you get a constant connection – you do not need to establish a connection every time you want to resort to this tool. It is especially convenient for huge advertising campaigns and cases when speed and security matter (that is, virtually always).
Basic terms connected with SMPP
If you are only making first steps into SMPP world, you should get familiar with some essential term:
• Message Centre (MC) is a crucial element in the mobile telephone network which stores, converts, directs and delivers short messages.
• External Short Messaging Entity (ESME) is an external application that provides connection to a Message Center.
• Cell Broadcast Entity (CBE) is a multi-user control tool which broadcasts messages.
• Routing Entity (RE) is a network element that connects one MC with another.
However, we do not want to load you with complicated terms. If you still find something unclear, feel free to contact us and we will do our best to shed light on the way our services are carried out.